Mission in details
- University continuously designs and develops programmes for undergraduates and attempts to produce graduate of high quality and relevance to development needs.
- University also design and develops advanced and comprehensive academic & professional training for all levels of managers for them to be effective development goals of the country.
- University formulates empirical vs conceptual researches in different discipline in search of knowledge through systematized efforts to gain new knowledge and help policy
Goals & objectives:
The goals of the Wayamba University of Sri Lanka to be achieved during the period of 2013 – 2017 are as follows:
- Increase the quality and relevance of degree programs at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels to achieve international recognition.
- Increase student access to meet the growing demand for higher education.
- Improve the degree of employability and entrepreneurship of graduates to satisfy stakeholders.
- Increase overall productivity, degree of efficiency of resource usage, and effectiveness of the service.
- Acquisition of state-of-the-art resources and empowerment of the university with freedom to be completive and unique.
- Rebuild the social in the university to promote ethnic cohesion among undergraduates and staff capturing high quality working environment.